Sunday, July 31, 2011

106!


Let's cool things down a bit.
Just checked the weather forecast and the National Weather Service predicts a high of 106F on Tuesday.
Sigh.
I went out the other afternoon and even the okra was drooping. When the okra is unhappy, it is too hot and too dry.
If I can just hang on, Saturday's predicted high is "only" 91.
The 40 and 50 percent chance of rain predicted during the last few days only brought one tenth of an inch in a surprise storm Thursday morning. Perhaps the 20 percent chance predicted later this week will amount to something. Until we get a good rain, I will keep draining the tanks that catch rainwater from our roof.
Tomorrow I must take some of that water in a small tank (275 gallons) down to the apple trees that are only two years in the ground and give them a drink. They have waited long enough while I hoped for rain.
I am not as big of a fan of winter and snow as someone else I know, but the pictures above and below are rather refreshing right now.

No comments: